DAILY ARRANGEMENTS AND DELIVERIES
Petals & Leaves Florist strives to provide the best customer service available. It is our belief that as a real flower shop, we understand and appreciate the concerns of Internet shoppers regarding the security and proper fulfillment of their orders. We have established this return/refund policy to provide our customers with a complete understanding of how replacement orders or refunds are processed:
1. If any customer claims an order was not delivered, we ask that we are given at least 24 hours to investigate and to determine what has occurred. In many cases, delivery was attempted but either the recipient was not home/office and/or no neighbors were available to accept the order.
2. If it is determined that Petals & Leaves Florist did not make the delivery attempt, it is our policy that we will provide you with a refund.
3. If an order is filled and delivered to the recipient and there is a question of the quality of the arrangement, the recipient should contact Petals & Leaves Florist who made the delivery. In almost every case, Petals & Leaves Florist will gladly replace the arrangement. To request a replacement, Petals & Leaves Florist must be contacted within 24 hours of the delivery. Bear in mind that flowers and plants are perishable. Proper care is required. It is the responsibility of the recipient to follow any care instructions provided by Petals & Leaves Florist. No refunds or replacements will be made for any order should the recipient or sender not notify Petals & Leaves Florist within 24 hours of the original delivery date.
4. Petals & Leaves Florist reserves the right to reject any order provided to us that we deem questionable or possibly fraudulent. When Petals & Leaves Florist receives an order, we review the entire order and periodically compare the information provided to us with the bank of the person placing the order. If we determine that fraudulent information is provided we will send an email or phone call to the sender to inform them of the situation to determine if the information was provided in error.
5. Should any customer place an order through Petals & Leaves Florist and then need to cancel the order, the cancellation must be made prior to the delivery of the order (subjected to 15% cancellation fee). If the cancellation is received after the order is delivered, no refund can be issued. Cancellations will not be accepted if a customer places an order but provides information that prevents direct delivery, such as in the case of a wrong office or home address. The customer can obtain new information so that the order can then be properly delivered using correct information. If new address is outside of the delivery range and Petals & Leaves Florist cannot deliver it, only 50% of the order can be refunded.
6. “Substitutions Allowed” – Petals & Leaves Florist will always attempt to fulfill an order as closely as possible. However if the container, flowers, plants or other items that comprise the order are unavailable, the order will be substituted with content equal to the original value of the order.
7. Petals & Leaves Florist is not responsible for any order where the recipient refuses to accept the item. Petals & Leaves Florist will not issue refunds to any customer where the recipient, for whatever reason, will not accept the item or refuses delivery.
8. If the customer has picked up the floral arrangement or plant, and has seen the quality of the flowers, it is the responsibility of the customer to then care for the flowers once it has left the store. No refunds will be given if any question of the quality of the arrangement is not given within 24 hours.
9. When a customer allows substitutions, this means that the sender is allowing Petals & Leaves Florist to use flowers or flowers they have on-hand to work with while trying to keep the arrangement as similar as possible. This may mean that the recipient does not necessarily receive an arrangement identical to what is pictured though every effort is made to do so. In cases of specialty items, such as items in a ceramic container, a different container with similar value will be used.
10. Incorrect Address/Re-Delivery Changes to address information or incorrect addresses after the order has been placed resulting in a re-delivery will be subject to a $10.00 charge.
WEDDINGS & EVENTS
Each bride is entitled to one quote revision before booking with us (any additional revisions prior to booking is $25 per revision), however the Bride can make as many revisions as they would like after booking but before the final appointment.
We offer 3 levels of service. The first option is full service. This service allows us to set up ceremony & reception, move items from ceremony to reception and take down both ceremony and reception. This service comes with a fee of 18-25% depending on the size, distance traveled and details of the wedding. If your wedding involves wedding party flowers as well as small centerpieces such as lower arrangements but does not include submerged or floating flowers. We offer a drop off only option, this will include an employee of Petals and Leaves to bring the items to the venue and drop them off. It would be up to you to have a family member, planner, or venue coordinator place all of the items. Any rental items such as glassware, containers and such will need to be returned by the Tuesday of the following week. Any broken or misplaced items will be the responsibility of the contract holder. The drop off only option is a $75.00 fee. If you are only looking to acquire bouquets and wearables for your wedding party, a pick up option is available. We pack it up for easy pick up to be placed on a flat surface for transport. Any rental items such as glassware, containers and such will need to be returned by the Tuesday of the following week. Any broken or misplaced items will be the responsibility of the contract holder. A pick up option is always free.
Petals and Leaves is not responsible for the pinning-on of corsages and boutonnieres. If the client would like a staff member from Petals and Leaves to pin on corsages and boutonnieres, an additional service charge of $150 will be assessed at the final appointment.
Florist agrees to provide floral decorating services as described in the provided estimate. Reasonable substitutions may be necessary due to seasonal availability and/or quality of floral product and Client hereby releases Florist from any liability resulting from substitutions made by Florist. Client hereby agrees to permit Florist to use Florist’s best judgment in making any substitutions, should the need arise. Client agrees that all items needed for event, including floral and décor items will be finalized at least 30 days prior to event. At the time of finalization, the final copy of the invoice will be prepared and payment in full is due for all items as outlined in the invoice. The final copy of the invoice will constitute the agreement of flowers and services to be provided. Preliminary proposals prepared prior to the final proposal are for estimating and planning purposes only. Proposals are quoted on an itemized basis, not a package basis. In the event of mathematical errors on the proposal, the itemized pricing will be the final cost due, regardless of the Total, Sub-Total, or other informational categories.
Client agrees to reserve date of the event with a 20% non-refundable retainer for all events, which is based upon the initial preliminary invoice. Events are reserved on a first come, first served basis. The retainer and deposit will be applied to the overall floral decorating cost. Final payment in full is due and must be received by Florist no later than 30 days before the event. This agreement may be terminated by written notification to Petals & Leaves only. We require a 20% retainer to hold the date and final balance due no later than 30 days prior to the wedding/event. All payments made are non-refundable but, in the event of postponement or cancellation, may be applied to another date within 2 calendar years from original event date. Any claims for non-delivery or missing items must be presented in writing to Florist within 72 hours of the event and Client hereby releases Florist from any and all claims for any reason whatsoever other than for non-delivery or missing items. Cancellation or postponement notice must be made in writing and will be considered received when such notice correspondence is actually received by Florist.
Events not paid in full within 29 days of the event will be assessed a late payment fee of 20% of the total amount of the invoice. Client acknowledges that Florist will not order any products for the wedding until Florist receives final payment in full. Payments made less than 14 days in advance of the event must be in guaranteed funds (cash or certified bank check only). Florist is required to collect 7.50% Ohio state sales tax on any orders, regardless of the location to which they are being delivered. Client is responsible for producing a Sales Tax Wavier if Client is exempt from paying sales tax. Any check returned as unpaid, regardless of reason, will be assessed a $75.00 returned check fee.
Client is encouraged to make any changes at a scheduled appointment or via email contact with the coordinator. Changes requested within 30 days of the event cannot be guaranteed.
Unless specifically stated otherwise in Florist’s written proposal, all props, vases, containers, and other materials with the exception of fresh cut flowers and greens remain the property of Florist and must be returned to Florist at the end of the event or unless client requested a non-full service event. Client understands and agrees to pay the retail replacement price for any and all items that are not returned to Florist within 72 hours of the event, regardless of the reason. Client accepts responsibility for any loss, damage, breakage, theft, or other reasons for non-return of Florist’s items. A credit card on file equal to the retail replacement cost of Florist’s item(s) is required to use Florist’s item(s). While some third parties may permit storage of Florist’s containers after events, Client is ultimately responsible for storage and care of Florist’s item(s) until the items are returned to Florist. Client acknowledges and agrees that client’s credit card account will be charged a replacement fee for any damaged and/or non-returned items within 72 hours of the event.